I just love this question because it’s a good one. We all keep books on our nightstand (or in my case the poor-girls book basket by the bed) or on our bookshelves in our rooms, but where else? Do you like to read meta-fiction by the toilet, or magical realism in the kitchen?
(I’m just really hoping Miss Bolden ended on “bud.”)
Favorite Search Terms:
- mona lisa with cat: I just love that you came to my blog with this. It seems I am discussing the right things.
- books that have food contests: You’re looking for the State Fair. Look for the red and white checked picnic table cloth.
- the cat lady book by roald dahl: How is it that I had never heard of this before this search term came up? Disappointed in myself.
- how to decorate a love poem: You do this with gushy sentimentalities.
- what is a catchy title for a science fair project about recycling paper?: I got nothin’. Anyone have anything?
- ninja takes out the trash: is he wearing all black? did he have to judu-chop the lid?
- Anything written by Francine Prose will be shared on this blog @ Granta
- World Book Night Pinterest Shelf (literally) @ Pinterest
- Need Dating Advice? Look to the pronouns @ Morning Edition
- Historic Photos from NYC Municipal Archives @ The Atlantic
- Babe Walker Outlines her Least Favorite Words (A few of these include, but are not limited to: argyle, chartreuse, soil, loogie, smurf, snazzy, and village) @ White Girl Problems
- LA Times Review of Books wants to “revive literary culture.” @ LA Times
- Why Laurie Halse Anderson Rules @ The Yalsa Hub
- Another article on books as iphone chargers @ Huff Post
- Rare Book Dealers (really interesting) @ The Guardian
- Five Poems for People who Don’t like Poetry @ The Half Price Blog
- Is that a poem in your pocket, or…(please come up with a new pick-up line) @ LA Times
- “You Are Not Your Bookshelf” @ Book Riot
- Iowa has a 75th year Reunion @ Rain Taxi
- Lilian Hellman (the last name says it all) @ NPR
- Fresh Air does Pinterest @ Pinterest
- Patti Smith gets Articled @ NY Review of Books
- Margaret Atwood wanted to take her bird hair tot he runway @ Cape Town Girl
- “Book Reviews: A Tortured History” @ The Atlantic
- Capote’s Typewriter Goes for $8,281 @ Publishers Weekly
- Today, Jesmyn Ward is at NYPL for my New Yorker People
- Strand shares underlines in used Louise Erdrich book @ Tumblr
Scribner shares Fitzgerald @ Tumblr
- Jo Ann Beard joins a conversation @ Center for Fiction.
- Anna Quindlen hates her job @ The Wall Street Journal
- Tracy K. Smith talks on WNYC @ WNYC
- You had me at “New Dave Eggers Novel….” @ The Millions
- Book People @ Ploughshares
- How “normal people” Price Blurbs @ The New Yorker
- More people write more rules on writing @ Nick Harkaway
- Hemingway to Fitzgerald @ Letters of Note
- Memoir – Dividing the Kingdom @ Granta
- Julie Andrews (Children’s Book Author) talks to Colbert @ The Colbert Report
Rejected Wizard of Oz Photos @ Huff Post
- Vintage Books Podcast
- How successful was World Book Night @ Huff Post
- Stationary Craze @ The Guardian
- Kate Bernheimer celebrates Fairytales in new interview @ The Children’s Book Review
- Four Reasons to Read Life on Mars by Tracy K. Smith (other than winning the Pulitzer in Poetry) @ Milkweed
- Most Notorious Literary Party Animals @ Flavorwire
- Nine Lessons from Female Fictional Literary Characters @ Oprah