Favorite Search Terms:
- bfg roald dahl monopoly: WHAT! WHERE! Would the pieces be “BoneCruncher,” GizzardGulper,” and MeatDripper.” And what about the places: SnozzCumbers Country, FrobScottle Stage, Phizzwizard Land. How wonderful.
- man in holden caulfield winter hat: I feel like this is a want-ad on Craigslist (pre-Craigslist-killer era). Look on e-harmony, hipsters really like to look like Holden Caulfield.
- cassie hunter gives a boy a terrible clanging: I’m just glad that there are powerful Cassie’s out there.
- books with “bird” in the title: Ah, so there are others like me.
- two birds were sitting on a barbwire fence and one had a typewriter and one was eating food, the one said pass the salt: this is a literal google. (google as verb). Someone has too much time on their hands.
- “Just the Facts” an opinion piece about telling the truth in Creative Nonfiction by Danny Heitman @ NY Times.
- Scroll to the bottom to read Toni Morrison’s witty and biting remarks in interview @ USA Today
- Maurice Sendek passes away. Let out your terrible roar & wild rumpus. I’m going to read Where the Wild Things Are to my nephew this week and I will be reading it with extra fierceness so that he carries it on to the next generation. Articles from NPR. Morning Edition Podcast. The Guardian on Sendek. Rosenbach Museum & Library Collection on Maurice Sendek. Visit today for free.
- Interview @ The Paris Review with Louise Erdrich.
- Follow books live @ Books Depository.
- Top 10 Best Memoirs about Mothers @ Flavorwire
- Neil Gaiman does journaling and This American Life @ Neil Gaiman.
- Aimee Bender’s shelf @ Strand Bookstore
- Ten Best First Lines in Fiction @ The Guardian
- Brown’s Rare Book Store finds Paul Revere @ NY Times
- Book Club Girl offers GREAT E-books for $2.99 this week @ Indiebound
- Everyone loves a good statistic: What are your odds for winning The Booker @ The Millions
- Dymock’s 101 Best Books Voted by Australian Public. I miss Dymocks.
- Tracy K. Smith & David Bowie @ 360 Studio
Chalkboard Mug (I already have a dry erase mug so I might as well indulge) @ Book Riot.
- Watch Book People Unite’s campaign to get kids reading @ Goodreads
- Penguin not only designs classy covers, but erects historic monuments from books. Visit Bookhenge @ Tumblr.
- The Pen Literary Festival runs through Sunday. Finish your finals, and fly out.
- Kickstarter Campaign for WS Merwin documentary. Visit and learn here.
- The Loft Literary Center is having a poetry conference May 18-20. Visit here for full details.
- Oprah’s 9 Lessons from Fictional Women @ O.
- Top 10 Books that take you traveling @ The Guardian
- Poetic Representations of the Holocaust @ 2 Jacket
- Five Stories about Jackie O. @ Christian Science Monitor
- Why Afghan Women Risk Death to Write Poetry @ Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting.
- What America’s Reading: Best Sellers by City @ The Daily Beast
- John Updike on Ethics and Poetics of Criticism @ Brain Pickings
- Highlight of Poetry Finalists for Best Translated Book Award @ Three Percent
- ShamWow the book? Yes. Does it have a book Trailer? YES. @ Huff Post.
- 50 Things to Make from Old Books @ Pinterest
- Picking your tablet by your personality @ Yahoo.
- What Makes a Good Poem: The Child Perspective @ Poetry Foundation
- Can Writing Nonfiction Hurt the Ones You Love? (Yes, duh).
Lastly; if you are a follower of this blog from NC, please vote today. I would particularly like you to vote AGAINST Amendment 1 – The Marriage Amendment because NO ONE should suffer, or be treated unfairly, under the freedom of the US. If anything, do your research.