Newsday Tues(wednes)Day

DSC_09732

Favorite Tweets:

Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.29.19 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.31.02 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.32.19 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.35.42 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.35.51 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.38.42 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.39.13 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.40.39 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.41.00 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.41.55 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.42.04 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.42.18 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 5.42.26 PM

Favorite Search Terms:

• true fortunes promise is a redhaired madonness.- french proverb: This will be my quote of the day for the rest of the week at school. YES.
  • perks of being a wallflower multiple choice test: This just makes me want to say, “yuck.”
  • grammar in beasts of no nation: You must be reading this in school because this is a strange search term.  This reminds me, just once I would like the person who searched this to return to my blog and tell me what they were thinking.  We could have a blog every week called, “What were the searchers thinking?”

Book News:

17 thoughts on “Newsday Tues(wednes)Day

1. whisperinggums says:

perks of being a wallflower multiple choice test: This just makes me want to say, “yuck”: Yuck on so many levels!

I reckon Indian students are currently studying an Aravind Adiga short story as I’m suddenly getting hits on my review of one of his, and one person asking me to explain the end. I didn’t!

• whisperinggums says:

Oh yes, I certainly can anyhow. There is always a flurry when the northern hemisphere schools go back – and they tend to hit particular posts. The intriguing thing is that it’s a few short stories – Virginia Woolf, Kate Chopin, in particular – so I’m guessing teachers start with short stories which is really great to see.

Good! Some great feminists of their time. We teach both of those in 11th at the high school where I work. The boys have a really hard time with Chopin.

I actually don’t teach Chopin because I teach Newspaper, Creative Writing and 9th grade so we don’t do her in my classes, but the 10th grade teachers teAch The Awakening. :)

• whisperinggums says:

Oh couldn’t you? I’m glad you didn’t lie! Interesting though as it’s one of the few American classics I’ve read twice. I’d read it again. I wonder why you couldn’t get through it?

2. Claire 'Word by Word' says:

That’s funny, I had someone ask me about the themes of The Gift of Rain once and I thought how odd.

I love Kate Chopin’s short piece called A Reflection, I think boys might be able to relate to that. The Awakening perhaps not.

You could have one of those “book nooks” from that link above. Just take the door off of your closet in your library, add bookshelves and a chair, and your usual whimsy, and it will be done. Thanks for another Newsday, even if it came on Wednesday. Hey, when do we get our Bookish Christmas shopping ideas blog? I would like to get my shopping done early.