Project 365 | Week 34

NO MORE HUMIDITY! THREE CHEERS!

Day 237:

Sandhills

Panorama of a perfect day.

Day 238:

If you get a choice in the next life, come back as a cat, particularly a cat with a french name.  She’s so parisian.  She is “le tired.”

Day 239:

Welcome to the 9th Grade!

You have to document all the firsts in your life.  This is my very first classroom and the way it will look on my very first day.  (Minus the man nailing and helping).

Day 240:

Water Baby

If I was a thirteen year old boy, power washing wicked things on the driveway would be my favorite activity.  However, I’m a twenty-four year old girl, so I just exclaim my love for the universe through my driveway cleaning.

Day 241:

Updated Bird Feeder

My bird feeder needed less rust and more pink splotches and do it yourself flowers.  While they may look like a third grader did a school project, they’re still my own and perfectly pink for the birds.

Day 242:

Mechanic

There’s nothing better than having your own personal mechanic.

Day 243:

Middle School Crush

Watch the romance unfold.

15 thoughts on “Project 365 | Week 34

Why did you decide to leave if you don’t mind me asking? I am teaching 9th grade english. My students are lovely, and talkative, and hilarious. Thank you for the encouragement!

• RebeccaScaglione says:

I loved working with the students, but in Florida, we have a lot of pressure with the state standardized testing, the new standards, and a whole bunch of new regulations that take up a lot of time and add stress to teachers. My salary has also been frozen since I started teaching. I will miss the students and my colleagues, but with my new Master’s in Ed Leadership, I’m ready to find something else within education that I can do. Good luck this year!!!

Oh I know! We have new standards and a lot of pressure about standardized testing as well. This is only my first year so I’m being very positive. :) Congratulations on your masters – that’s amazing! I hope you find something wonderful!!!!

• RebeccaScaglione says:

Thanks! I’m not sure what I’m going to do next. And I did enjoy the 5 years, but I knew it was time for me to move on. And staying positive is the best way to get through it! But don’t be afraid to ask veteran teachers for help! They will be there for you when you need them. :)

I have asked for ton of help and they have all been totally gracious. Everyone has told me to just keep my head above water this first year.

1. eugeniofouz says:

Just having quick looks at your blog. I love the list of books read in 2012. I find it quite interesting. It is a good thing to tell the number of pages.
    Best regards!
    Eugenio Fouz

I just love all the pictures, and am happy to see Fromage has finally been added to the diva list, so photogenic after all.
    Your classroom looks like a warm and friendly place, and we wish you and your students well.