Project 365 | Week 27

Here we are, another week.  We’ve already well surpassed the halfway mark for the year.  That means resolutions are starting to crop up in those funnel clouds of our mind.  Is funnel for tornado and funnel for cake spelled the same way?

Day 185:

Photobooth

Photobooth is really where I take all my cat’s model photos.  However, I decided to have a moment in the spotlight with this #heygirlhey self-portrait.

Day 186:

Beach Front

After taking this photo we watched a drunk teenager fall right on his butt off that life guard post.  Don’t worry, we helped him up.   He did still hold onto conspicuous drink in his hand though, good catch.

Day 187:

Grease Lightning

Catching Lightning at Fort Fisher.

Spudnick the lightning bolt.

Bird Model

Surprisingly enough, this bird wanted his photo taken.  First he stood on the no-parking sign which was completely ironic (if you have my humor) and then he stood right in front of the car headlights from behind us.  He wanted me to get this shot.  He’s looking debonair in his blue sky glare.

Day 188:

Psychedelic Independent Bagel!

4th of July Parachute Show

Raleigh Downtown was a complete bust after this shot.

I may not have fireworks…

but I have the landing angle.

Day 189:

I said a bird, bird, bird,

bird is the word.

Day 190:

Cat Model

Look for him in the next Fancy Feast commercial, darling.

I prefer human showers.

Day 191:

Yep, that one’s mine.

Oh, you mean kids go to Marbles (kid’s museum) to actually play in the water works section.  My nephew just goes to make strange noises into the hand drying equipment.  He also refuses to only dry his hands.

18 thoughts on “Project 365 | Week 27

1. kiwidutch says:

I bet that lifeguard was an Australian: do you know the classic Aussie joke?
    Qu. “why shouldn’t you drink and drive?”
    Australian Answer: “You might spill some”.

I recently posted photos of a horse that had the same photographic aspirations as that bird… seems word of internet has gotten deep into the animal kingdom, and sick competition from all the cute cats getting attention on YouTube these guys also want their 15 minutes of fame :)

Haha I think you also have a lot more ocean lifeguards than we do here! And that’s true there are a lot of YouTube cats. I will have to teach him how to do a circus act or something. :)

Thank you dear. It literally took me sitting in the passenger side with the window rolled down and staring one-eyed out into the lens of the ocean. It was kind of insane. I’m not a patient person and that was a lot for me. : )

• Brianna Soloski says:

I’m not either, but I also wouldn’t get shots like that since I’m strictly an iphone photographer. I have a regular digital camera but it stopped taking good shots about two years ago. Everything comes out grainy and out of focus.

You could! Iphones are magical creatures for photography. They’re like the unicorns of photography. I’m surprised at some of the things I can capture on my phone.

The lady next to me in her car was a lightning aficionado. She has a HUGE camera – the size of a grown man’s bicep – and kept walking over to see if I got the photo. She never showed me hers but I can imagine they were absolutely amazing.

My Mother’s always taken photos – you should see our house it’s like a museum to our family and so I bought a really expensive camera before I went to Australia. I really love it. If you like taking photos, I think it’s worth it.

• Brianna Soloski says:

For sure. It’s been an adult life goal to own a Canon or a Nikon. I like taking photos with my phone for now, though. There’s so many apps out there. Plus, using my phone has helped me stick with project 365 for 130 days. In previous years, I’ve barely made it a month.

That’s so true. Instagram is like my new best friend and I definitely wouldn’t be able to to Project 365 without my phone. Majority of my photos are phone photos. : )

Your lightening shots are amazing, but I also like the personality filled bird. It goes without saying, that my Grandson takes a great picture. Why is it you think those dryers are for hands only. He sees the big picture, and endless opportunities. Jasper, the cat, is his usual amazing self…love the tongue shot! Great pictures this week, keep them coming!

That nephew of mine is a silly goose and so is my cat. He was on the railing today and I was scared to walk too close because I thought he would jump all the way down.

And daddy said you better not be out in that storm as I was driving to take those lightning shots. OOPS!

3. Kristel says:

Love the pics! :) I’m deathly afraid of lightning… I mean, I seriously stay indoors and away from windows when its raining, but those shots are beautiful!

Haha he thinks he’s so handsome. When I adopted him they had named him Gaston because if his look, haha. For 365 this week he was doing cute. And thank you!