Newsday Tuesday

Favorite Tweets:

Favorite Search Terms:

• ulysses moore book map: Earlier this week I read an awesome blog about introductions.  The way that Hazel introduces herself by saying, “I don’t read books with maps.” One: I totally want to be her friend and two: I don’t read books with family trees in the beginning.  Oh, how I wish that were true.  I tend to loathe books with family tree lines, but I still pick them up and hope for the best.  Why do we torture ourselves so? And do you have an absolute NO for certain things in books?  Awkward font.  Bad script.  No author bio at the end that talks about their inevitable two kids.  What’s your anti-obsession.
  • yard ornaments to make: I recommend papier-mache flamingos and play-doh gnome couples or just search pinterest because I guarentee three-hundred and seven other women have wondered this same thing.
  • one gleaming image to tell the truth of what is hunting us: I decided against googling this because I didn’t want to find out it was a chunk of a quote, or part of a poem because that would ruin the beauty of this line.
  • harry potter wedding invitations: SEND EVERYONE WANDS BY OWL.
  • beauty and the beast library:
  • pregnancy blog week 22: You know that commercial for EPT where the woman says, “I want to be a mother, just not yet,” and EPT comes up and it says “erase panic today.”  I thought that’s actually what EPT stood for, for a whole day.  If that shows you anything about how close this blog is to a pregnancy blog, there you go.

Book News:

27 thoughts on “Newsday Tuesday

1. alenaslife says:

OMG, I was obsessed with VC Andrews in high school. As I recall, there was an entire series, but, of course, Flowers in the Attic was the best. I felt like I was getting away with something reading those books, and then watching the truly terrible made-for-tv movies. Haven’t thought about those in forever. Thanks Cassie.

2. Jen de Ridder says:

I read the whole Flowers in the Attic series several years ago while in New Zealand for a month. The boys were little at the time and we were there for a month. So it was a prefect creepy, trashy and easy read! Just what I needed. Hmmm it may work for Summer Camp too….

I was so jealous of your rocks tweet last night. I wanted to just drive to camp and bang pots till everyone woke up and played again with me. : ) What are you reading this summer since camp leaves you hectic and tired?! I read some of my favorite books at camp actually because I could get so into them when I’m in my own little corner for just twenty minutes.

3. SassySass says:

I read flowers in the attic too back in highschool, was totally weirded out by the entire book but couldn’t put it down!!! I think i saw a movie version of it on netflix, tempted to go watch it now…

4. MABSOOTa says:

You must read Flowers in the Attic. It’s a great book, especially if your definition of a good book involves characters that are fully flawed and stick with you well after you finish the novel.

It’s an easy read, as you would say, and you won’t be able to put it down. Just do it!!, read Flowers in the Attic, and then you can tell everybody next Tuesday what you thought of it.
    As for all your great news links….love them as usual. Roald Dahl’s gypsy house is fabulous!

6. Merin says:

That rapping books video is brilliant. Love! Also, I read lots and lots of VC Andrews books in high school, and the Flowers in the Attic series was definitely the creepiest.

Isn’t it?! I shared it on twitter too because I was like this guy just made an unbelievable rap video with book titles. I didn’t even notice it was book titles while he was rapping other than the books to the side – awesome awesome awesome!

I completely agree with some cough*most*cough and understand my obsession with Robert Pattinson three years ago was probably the reason dating me was like dating a toilet.

Oops.

7. Naomi Ferguson says:

There a lots of things that irritate me when reading, but I will overlook maps, epic verse, bad fonts and a whole host of other potential turn-offs if the writing is good. Apart from one book where I saw the same word (palpable) used three times on the first page, the only books I stop reading are those that are badly written (the ‘palpable’ book I guess fits into this category too). If the writing’s good, I’ll read the back of a cereal packet.

“Palpable?” How strange. It had to be like a mystery thriller right? Maybe not…I’d probably give up too. That’s just too many. And I do read cereal packets if there are no newspapers in front of me in the morning. : )