I’m exhausted today, please excuse spelling errors.
Favorite Search Terms:
- we cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over our heads but we can refuse…to let them build nests…in our hair: This search term actually made me google this exact thing and the image to your right is what I found. AWESOME.
- books that goes with metaphors: I would hope all books go with metaphors, but unfortunately that’s just not the case.
- cassie’s bridal shower gift bingo cards: I would be the chick who played bingo at her bridal shower, and I’d invite all the oldies to come too. Not only bingo, but bunko, penuckle, the list goes on…
- captain planet pumping iron: He sure does have some big muscles (I wrote knuckles here originally…I’m so tired. Men do have hairy knuckles though) but I think Pop-eye could take him after a serious can of spinach.
- Teen Reads: Summer Books for You and Your BFF @ NPR
- Ten Books to Read When Mad Men is Over @ The Millions
- Ray Bradbury Quotes @ The Brain Pickings (After his passing this week, quotes have come from all corners of the world – he was a brilliant, brilliant man. If you weren’t forced to read his genius in high school – you need to make him a priority now).
- Ray Bradbury Obituary @ The Guardian
- New in Paperback (June 4-10) @ NPR
- How to Inspire Students to Read this Summer @ Edutopia
- Natasha Trethewey named new US Poet Laureate @ Washington Post
Natasha Tretheway Reading, “Beyond Katrina”
- 10 Reasons Why Cormac McCarthy is a Badass @ Thought Catalog
- Listen to #BEA Podcasts @ BEA
- If you live in Connecticut, you need to go see Judy Blume @ Hartt School
- “Live Forever” about Ray Bradbury @ The Rumpus
- Literature for Life Makes Authors Available for LA Classrooms @ Los Angeles Times
- How Dorothy Parker Came to Rest in Baltimore @ Morning Edition
- Bradbury’s 20 Tips on How to Become a Writer @ Tumblr
- Literary Listings @ Chicago Sun Times
- Golden Age of Books @ The Atlantic
- Rattle List of Poetry Books for Review @ Rattle
- Publishing has Perished @ Wired Cloudline
- Nathan Fillian Talks Why He’s Hooked on Books @ Parade
- Audiobooks for the Family Road-Trip @ NPR
- New Poet Laureate @ Weekend Edition
- Should Shakespeare be Modernized @ Huff Post
- Books of the Boardwalk Empire @ NYPL
- Ron Rash on Southern Literature @ Other People
- Upcoming YA Books @ Huff Post
- Which Books Should you Read this Summer @ Out of Print Clothing
- 80 Years Later Book Returned to Library @ Huff Post
- Google Reaches Deal with French Publishers @ Sun Daily
- Father’s Day Books @ Random House
Not Your Mother’s Editing Marks @ Mighty Red Pen
- Because We SO Care What Lebron James is Reading @ Game On!
- 22 Rules of Storytelling According to Pixar @ io9
- The Mother of All Girls’ Books @ The American Prospect
- Fictional Food @ Huff Post
- Best Poetry Presses by Design @ Ploughshares
- International Book Project @ DONATE