Project 365 | Week 17

And we’re back.

Still sickly, but didn’t stop my mother from making photos of us with the self-timer.

Day 112 | Do you know why a raven is like a writing desk?

I’ve been drinking a lot of flavored tea with this cold.  This one is raspberry which is spelled with a p.  I like the way the tea ink seeps into the sugar like a puddle pushing along the sidewalk.

Day 113 | World Book Night

A giver came to the teen center and now we’re reading Ender’s Game for Book Club. Does anyone out there adore this book?

Day 114 | What is it like to be a woman listening in the dark?

I do a lot of art in art class.  This week, I made a pop-up card of lovers dancing in the moonlight.

Day 115 | Wuthering Heights

Reading Anne Carson’s “A Glass Essay.”  It’s linked in my Short Fiction 2012 page.  Everyone should read it, she’s fabulous.  And she’s a classics’ professor – I never even took a classics’ class.

Day 116 | Seriously, Mom?

Weekly cat photo.

Day 117 | Like Mother Like Daughter

My mom is so cute, people.  She wanted to take photos because she was wearing a necklace my brother gave her and she wanted to prove on facebook that she’s been wearing it.

Day 112 | Stopping to Smell the Roses

How pretty is my momma?  A vibrant, and gorgeous redhead at [age undisclosed].

47 thoughts on “Project 365 | Week 17

Really?! Aw that’s awesome. It took me like two hours. I thought my hands needed to somehow miraculously shrink. I needed some bread with a little note that said “To shrink.”

AND YES REDHEADS! YES YES YES

• maedez says:

Seriously, the card IS awesome. She even has my current hairstyle; maybe that’s why I like it. ;) Redheads are the best. I’m a (very biased) redhead (the only one in my family) and so is my husband!

Haha my brother, mom and I are all redheads. Sometimes my hair looks blondish but people swear I’m a redhead. My brother said once, “I wonder what people think when they see us all in a row.”

I’m over here praying I have redheaded children to carry the torch.

And thank you, thank you.

• maedez says:

We worry about carrying that torch, too! He has two redheaded sisters (out of six) so he grew up in good company. I grew up as the redheaded freak amongst a family of brunettes.

1. Michelle says:

Enders Game is awesome!!!!!! So is the series after that which is about one of the characters (Bean) from enders game. They’re all really good!

Sweet! I can’t wait to read it now. I’m excited because my teens are all really excited about reading it. They heard it was like reading a video game so they’re pumped – haha. Thank you for getting me inspired.

As you know, I hate pictures of myself. As for the Redheads, I am one of 2 out of 7 with the red hair. My mother was a redhead. Thus far I have passed it on, but not the blue eyes. My mother was also the “freak” of the family. Her parents were both brunettes with brown eyes. They, though, both had red-headed Mothers.

3. cookiejarprincess says:

Love love love LOVE Ender’s Game. I read it in 6 hours straight.

And your Mama is gorgeous; love the picture of the two of you.

That’s two people I totally trust with good recommendations. I can’t wait to start. This may be a Hunger Games moment where I don’t eat until I’m done.

And thank you, I hope my mom reads all these! :)

4. Claire 'Word by Word' says:

Gorgeous pics of you and Mom and the necklace :)

I was sent a copy of the classic ‘Daphne’ from someone in the UK for WBN, so looking forward to reading it, how wonderful that someone thought to come to the teen centre, you’ll have to have a bookclub session in a while after they have read it and report back, would love to read a commentary on what they had to say – might have to track down the book now :)

That card is awesome, very retro, you’re such a talent.

THank you dear. I’ve never heard of ‘Daphne.’ Hmm..I should probably get on some of these classics, but I just can’t stand classics. There’s something about school making me read those books that now I just can’t.

I will have to be a secretary (or have one) and keep the minutes of the book club meeting. Should be fun, they’re all really insightful so I’m excited to hear what they think. I need to get on reading that as well.

Thank you about the card, it was fun. Well…maybe not fun, cutting those small bits of paper, but sort of. My teens were making really awesome things, I should take photos and show you.

5. hannahkarena says:

I adore Enders Game–and the whole series. Definitely a must read. I particularly like the “Beans” series that offshot this book, rather than the “Enders” series (personal preference of character).

Also, if you haven’t encountered Orson Scott Card before at all, his book, Enchantment, is a seriously awesome contemporary fantasy fairytale like book. I’ve read it twice now.

I keep hearing good things about this “Beans” series. I can’t wait to finish all the Ender Game’s books and then read the next series. Sounds wonderful – a whole list of books. I will have to read Enchantment as well – I love revised, or retold fairytales.

Thank you dear for the good vibes over the sickness. I’m feeling much better actually. I love fruity teas – I’m not sure why. Everyone I know think it’s so unlike me to drink fruity teas instead of like English Tea or something. And thank you for the compliments on momma, she will love to read that. :)

6. cooper says:

I loved Ender’s Game. Strangely, I have yet to read another OSC book that grabbed me, although I still have a few on the to-read shelf waiting patiently…

7. PM says:

i hope you get better. i am also keen on tea but i just get the lemon ones. those are the ones readily available to me. i have not heard of that book, is it good? your mom is really adorable. she looks so happy! and that cat… wonderful!

Lemon sounds good! I thought I would like blueberry but it was terrible. I worked in an English tea house I’m Australia with over 200 teas so now I drink them all! :) thanks for all your kind words. My mom is going to love this wonderful comments and my cat’s ego will get even bigger.

8. Sarah Drummond says:

Love the card!! I foresee a fiery, red headed girl in your future…who sits in closets late at night reading books with flashlights and has a temper that could blow a small country to smithereens… JUST LIKE YOU. Hehe.

Haha she sends cards like your mom. Every time I read the cards from your mom on you blog – I’m like oh dear, we’re twinsies. AND YES, GLASS ESSAY, wonderful. BAH. She’s amazing, seriously. Have you read Autobiography of Red – you would just die!