TODAY ONLY ON AMAZON the author of TOUCHBACK (now a major motion picture) is having a FREE DAY for the book he wrote based on the movie. BUY IT HERE. If anyone is interested. Let me know that you’re reading this book and after I finish it I will email everyone questions about if they liked it, what they liked, what they didn’t like and we can have everyone’s answers up on my blog along with my review so people get more than one opinion and we see how diverse we are as bloggers and readers.
Favorite Search Terms:
bookish wedding ideas: How cute are you? Get on pinterest, ideas will abound.
- is it rude for females to talk about bowel movements: No. We’ve entered the age when women leave their house, untie the apron strings and discuss poop at the dining room table. Even your use of “bowel movements” is polite so I assume you’ll need a manual. I’ll have to do a blog of recommendations for manner manuals.
- does the book heat have literary merit: I wonder if you’re searching for a book titled heat, or whether or not the temperature of the book is hot, literally or metaphorically. I can tell you that metaphorically Nora Roberts and Erica Jong write “steamy” books. However, the heat of a book when you hold it depends on how it makes you feel inside that soft spot above your ribs.
- at the age of six, cassie announced that the idea that a man lived in the sky: I wonder if my mother googled this, or someone is growing up to be a writer. It’s these search terms that I love.
- ted hughes bra poems: Everyone comes to my blog in search of Ted Hughes. This is a SYLVIA PLATH sided blog.
- Ten Most Badass Contemporary American Poets @Flavorwire.
- Claire talks about the Orange Prize Shortlist on her blog. What do you think of the short list?
- Pulitzer Jurors are shocked. No surprise there. @ NPR
- E.B. White talks corporate interest in media. Charlotte would not approve, and neither would Wilbur. @ Brain Pickings
- 100 Greatest Books for Kids @ Parent & Child. Learn fun facts about the Top 11 here.
- Kansas City Newspaper thinks Pulitzer Board stiffed Swamplandia!
- On Literary Fiction – Terry Eagleton @ The Guardian
- Toni Morrison talks new book @ The Guardian. Plus, life at 81. How to write & get old.
- Scott Ostrom PTSD photos. These are breath-taking. @ The Denver Post
- Huff Post on No Pulitzer Winner for Fiction after picking up one of their own.
- Tracy K. Smith, Poetry Pulitzer Winner talked with PBS before her Pulitzer win – listen here.
- Editor of The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott talks how they got the book ready to be released by Titanic’s One Hundred Year Anniversary.
- Bookseller Industry Awards have put out their shortlist. It is book award season after all.
- Banned Book sArticle by Lauren Myracle, author of Shine @ The Huff Post.
- Norman Maclean rejects Knoph in letter after they discard A River Runs Through and it’s published by University of Chicago Press.
- Mark Grist on Girls who Read. Slam Poetry
- Norton shares “The Welcoming” by Beth Ann Fennelly @ Tumblr.
- The Daily Beast talks Shine by Lauren Myracle. I own this book and have been meaning to read it forever, but it just sits in the basket. I do so love reading banned books though, you can feel the angst of the extremist nation rising from the pages.
- “Is it Hard to Get Published?” @ The Poetry Foundation
- Nook to feature new Glow Light (first of its kind). And you know what else is exciting – they’ll still never beat a real, traditional book. BAM.
“The Reader and Technology” @ Granta
- Ten Shortlisted for IMPAC Literary Award @Irish Times
- “Is Homer still Relevant?” @ The Browser
- Laurie Halse Anderson uses instagram to show a piece of her writing cottage – the hearth.
- Best Translated Book Awards @ LA Times
- The Pleasures of Rereading @ The Guardian
- Ploughshares (a literary journal out of Emerson) is now available for Nook at the low price of $3.99.
- Anything on Gertrude Stein I have to share because she’s fantastic. Over one hundred books have been written about her and her life.
- Tao Lin writes “Letter in the Mail” @ The Rumpus
- The Pulitzer Prize winning Photograph from Massoud Hossaini
- Confessions of a Reluctant Feminist: Keep Books Adulterated @ The Millions