Project 365 | Week 12

I think the pictures from this week are some of my favorites.  Then again, doesn’t everyone feel happier in the spring?  Well, unless you have pollen allergies and can’t stand the fog of yellow in the streets.

Day 77 | Hand Painted

I made a new sign for the RR Loft.  I was so excited about it that I took far too many pictures.  Here’s to hoping people notice our small sign and our large 1920’s historical bookshop.

Day 78 | No animals were harmed during the testing of this picture.

My mom has been buying cage free eggs which makes me extremely happy.  I just hope these chickadees got to grow to full maturity before being harvested for their breasts and thighs.

Day 79 | The Little Things

Claire is a lovely blogger, has great penmanship, and writes beautifully (language wise, not script wise).  She’s also my newest pen pal (along with her creative children who drew me these rad pictures and stuffed them into the envelope).  I may have needed help with the french joke on the second picture, but I went to bed smiling.  As you can see I’m hanging them on my board of inspiration. It has photos of the people that I love.

Day 80 | King of the World

If you didn’t think Jasper was arrogant before, you surely believe now.

Day 80.5 | Rain, Rain, Go Away

My mom’s one and only accident (Thank God) was in the rain and I’m always hearing cruise control horror stories involving the rain.  Needless to say, not being able to see the road is one of my big fears.  I got through it, thank goodness, but it was a bit scary and needed photographic evidence at the stop light.

Day 81 | Late Bloomer

My neighborhood is beautifully landscaped.  It’s got the whole nine yards of suburbia; white picket fences, cookie cutter houses, and pale shaded flower blooms.

Day 82 | Blogged

I used these images in a blog.  When I get home after work it’s almost always dark and I like to take photos of the oak tree outside of my window with the street lamp glowing behind it.  These are the images that came of it.  And they worked quite well in my blog from yesterday.

Day 83 | Plant lady

It seems I have quite the green thumb…or my window just gets a lot of light.  My father is letting me garden in his section beside the porch this year and so today I took to planting between rain spurts.  We have corn, broccoli, yellow pepper, red pepper, tomatoes, watermelons, cucumbers and zucchinis.  I also planted lavender because my mother says she loves the smell.  Can’t wait to see if we get to eat, or the squirrels do.

37 thoughts on “Project 365 | Week 12

Aw, thank you. : ) And I’m sure I’ll update on how it grows and everything. I hope I can just grow one cucumber…and maybe a watermelon, but that may be too much to ask.

• Jueseppi B. says:

It will work out, and if it does not, you are providing food for the little yard critters…as you said, the squirrels will eat good for the summer. ;-)

This is true. My father has a “squirrel whirler” which throws them from a swinging chunk of wood while they try to steal a head of corn. It’s quite funny. They get smart though about it.

Me too – it gives lots of people allergies, and there are these tiny silk worms hanging from trees everywhere, but it’s too pretty to regret!

1. cookiejarprincess says:

I want to plant some lavender this year too. I bought some gorgeous yellow tulips today that I can’t wait to get in the ground tomorrow.

It’s practically summer here as well, other than the pollen storm that’s happening – sheesh. The heat is ridiculous already – it’s going to be a cruel summer.

2. annagergen says:

I took a picture after a car accident that looks just like yours, only instead of traffic lights, the lights are from a police’s car (who were there just to help out…it was raining quite hard that day!). Sometimes, the worst circumstances can produce surprisingly pleasing results, dont’ you think?

Oh no, I hope it wasn’t your car crash. It is wonderful when you can find something pretty in something terrible. It is often that people look on the bright side like that – and for you it was a literal bright side.

3. avian101 says:

Hi C., I see that you’re quite versatile, like a mix of Wonder Woman and Martha Stewart..I saw the pictures but couldn’t see your green thumb because your hands were dirty! :)
    It’s always good to hear from you, so busy and all!
    See my photo blog tomorrow and you’ll meet my pets! Good Night C.

Can’t wait for your post then – it will be coming straight to my email, can’t wait. I like that mix…Martha and Wonder Woman, although I much prefer Wonder Woman. :) I thought the dirt looked good with my pink manicure, haha. Thanks, as always.

I have a feeling mine is doomed for jungle status. You should see my love bean….it’s uncontrollable…like my love hahahaha. Did you see you and joshies cute faces on my people I love board?!

4. Jen Thompson says:

Impressive sign! My faves have to be 81. Just so many lush colours and different angles, I love the nature ones yeppp! :)

Yes, the kitty king is my favorite picture in the pile, but I do love the caption with the cage free eggs, hilarious!! Keep them coming, and good luck with the garden. The only ones who ate last year were the bunnies and squirrels. We should put out a “Welcome” sign.

6. Claire 'Word by Word' says:

Gorgeous spring blossoms, and love your little garden, adorable!

Lovely to see the kids pics onto your inspiration board, they inspire me, even if I don’t always understand :)

I want to visit the RR Loft!