Favorite Search Terms:
- Free Dewey Decimal Poster: I’m glad we can be nerdy about more than one thing at my blog.
- how to dumb down a young adult book: This person should never come to my blog again. I’m going to stop even typing before this becomes a rant.
- cutest picture of e.e. cummings: Right here. He is a darling, like an older James Dean.
- world of poetry book of once upon a time: I love the mix of poetry and fairytale. Anne Sexton does it well.
- How to skype authors to your library (or possibly your blog).
- The Way We Talk @ Ploughshares.
- Can you cheat the truth in Non-fiction @ LA Review of Books
- Dave Franco talks poetry. (yes, in GQ and yes, he’s James’ little brother)
- Brain scans tell us how we read fiction and non-fiction @ tumblr.
- Round 8 | Three Minute Fiction @ NPR. The starting sentence has to be, “She closed the book, placed it on the table, and finally decided to walk through the door.” The piece must be fewer than 600 words. Submit here.
- The Giving Tree has an animated film by Shel himself. I’m sure this was a lot of people’s favorite childhood book.
- Caroline Fish discusses poverty on Volunteer Maine.
- Contemporary best sellers this week.
- Illustrating Moby Dick @ The Atlantic
- With my Body excerpt. This is only my most anticipated novel of the entire year. READ IT. Thank you Harper.
- How to talk to the classics @ The Atlantic
- How Shakespeare really sounds @ The Telegraph
- I just discovered Cheryl Strayed earlier today – where have I been – and so I wanted to share some of her writing with you. Here is a link to her essay in the Missouri Review.
- One of my favorite bloggers, Unputdownables posted Bookish Baby decorations @ bookriot. Love the Alice inspired.
- Pretty books @ Tumblr features small boy reading.
- Random House Children’s partners with Nickelodeon.
- Spring Adult Book Buzz @ Library Journal.
- Five Literary Events: Anne Lamott @ Seattle Times.
That’s a poem I liked from Saltwater Quarterly.
Now experience this, I had to add it: