Project 365: Week 4

My adorable, erratic, snotty nephew has made me quite achy and cranky.  So, this blog may not be as fun as usual. However, the pictures are just as delicious as red velvet cupcakes, with a little heavy metal on the side.

Day 22 | Girl in a Book.

Canopy bed.  Warm Socks.  Braided Hair.  Book.  I’m just a regular Rapunzel if I do say so myself.

Day 23 | Which of these things is not like the other?

My cat will feature almost every week on this blog.  1. He’s just so photogenic.  And 2. Because of how he likes to expand a room.  Who needs Feng Shiu when you have a furry animal?  You better believe I have a Justin Bieber calendar.  I knew you were looking….You can thank Sars for that one.

Day 24 | Day Off

This is only the second out of three where he will appear this week.  Are you officially a cat lady after one, or is it more like six?  Because then, I just haven’t made it yet.

Day 24.5 | Scrap Exchange

There’s this really sweet place in Durham that has all kinds of useless shit cluttered around and somehow people take pieces of that like: plastic, leather, wooden spatulas, medical supplies, beakers, syringes, and Brownie girl scout patches and create some magical, odd thing with it.  Prepare to be amazed at my girl scout patch earrings next week.  Around the store are various signs letting you know how important it is to recycle, and thus why you are creating beautiful shit, out of trash.  Visit the website here.

Day 25 | Teen Angst

I took a lot of pictures of my teen boys playing football.  However, this one is my personal favorite because the look on Daniel’s face is the look that bullies everywhere should cower too.

Day 26 | Cat as Decoration

A kitchen cat.  He refuses to be trained off of the kitchen cabinets, counters, and island and so he sits like a king on his island throne for a lot of the day.  Until my dad sees him and brings on the man voice.

Day 27 | Jack Fell Down and Lost his Crown

This is my nephew.  Now you see him, now you don’t.

Day 28 | Cool Brothers

I bet you’re asking yourself how two creative geniuses wound up in the same gene pool right about now…

Day 28.33 | Metal Night

This is the audience participation song.  Go ahead, participate at your computer.  Just raise your fist in the air like you’re at a rally for something terrible, “the audacity of those people who don’t want cats to be shaved” – and yell, “Oy! Oy! Oy! Oy!” You know, like the beginning of the phrase “Oy Vey!”

Day 29 | Check. Check. Check. Pole. Russian.

Not only is my brother witty, but he plays through being an old man and secretly having carpel tunnel.

Blogroll:

34 thoughts on “Project 365: Week 4

I have no idea actually. I bought a hula hoop at a street stand that supported an all girl charity for them to go white water rafting. I got to test them all out, but I just hula hoop for fun in my room…as you can see that hoop ain’t goin’ to know cardio class. Haha.

Me either. I need to get on that. PS. did I tell you I’ve just been writing down the books you’ve been reviewing and recommending because you’ve read some killer books since you’ve been back to blog.

1. justkiraniran says:

I wish you could see what I packed to move to Los Angeles. Two big old boxes of books. And I shoved tons more in between the cracks of of my trunk after I had put everything in.

In other news, your cat is precious.

2. ClaireMcA says:

I think our cat is related to your cat, loves high places and counter tops, felt like what it might be like not to have him when he went AWOL yesterday, was it really a 7 hour sleep or was he hiding from the 3 children making noise and disturbing his peace. He certainly was wondering why we were all so affectionate with him when he came strolling, blinking out of his unknown hiding place finally at 9pm!
    Great photos, book girl, guitar boy, cute neph, fun teens, adorable cat.

3. Kevin says:

First of all, that first pictures is fantastic (although I should have said it’s “first place” in order to have the word “first” mentioned three times in that sentence, although my parenthetical aside has allowed me to have it FOUR TIMES!). You should somehow feature it in your blog more.

More importantly, you mention red velvet cupcakes, which makes me ask: Have you had Ben & Jerry’s Red Velvet Ice Cream? Sweet mother of mercy!

Good lord, the power of parenthesis. I feel like I abuse it at times….or always.

Thanks for the first picture compliments. And literally, yesterday someone told me they had red velvet ice cream and I drove over right after them. I’m kind of already obsessed with their peanut butter ice cream so I had to get two cups so as not to mix flavors. And this is why I can’t eat out.

• Kevin says:

See, you live in a place that features a Ben & Jerry’s store (I almost abbreviated that to a “B&J’s store” until I realized that might get your blog tagged with a “mature” label), which makes you the lucky sort. I can only get my red velvet ice cream fix through the Ben & Jerry’s product at the grocery.

What does it say about us that we have now discussed ice cream to this level?

Well at least when you go to the grocery you get a tub or a pint and then it can last you a few days (unless you’re a girl about break-ups and then maybe it will only last you through one movie and you have to force yourself to go back to the store with your eye liner running face and get another tub). I can’t stop myself from getting half baked in the tub variety no matter what I carry around with me throughout the store, I always go back. It speaks to me.

And now we’re at a whole other level. A level beyond levels probably.

• Kevin says:

I wish it had lasted a few days. I opened it, ate, looked down, realized I had eaten an entire tub of it and felt both proud and ashamed.

4. Audra (Unabridged Chick) says:

A few things: love all the photos, esp the round-y edges. I want to steal and use that for my blog, if I had cute pictures to share! Also, I am so the best lesbian evar as I can’t get enough of cat pics. Adorbs! And finally, what book are you reading in that first pic?