Favorite Search Terms:
- what to write in valentine’s card when dealing with infidelity: SHIT JUST GOT REAL. (And I almost want to write a whole blog on this, if you would like to see that, write it in the comments).
- funny figurative language memes: Some teacher, somewhere, I love you.
- butt:crak:books: Just not sure about this one. It’s almost like a dirty library’s calling card.
- emily croy barker sequel: I’ve been worrying about this too.
- a paragraph about a crazy girl: Basically every paragraph in this whole blog.
- 21 famous writers reimagined as puns @ Buzz Feed
- 2 minute journal prompts that inspire real change @ Oprah
- The smell of a book @ McSweeney’s
- What we’re reading @ Library Journal
- A traitor to his tribe @ The New Yorker
Philip Levine has died at 87 @ Slate
- Confessions of a comma queen @ The New Yorker
- What do writers owe their subjects? @ LA Times
- Prominent philosophers’ GRE essay prompts @ McSweeney’s
- 14 times Stephen King was so sassy it hurt @ Buzz Feed
- Ten lessons from Cheryl Strayed @ Bustle
- Laurie Halse Anderson things adults should read more YA @ Buzz Feed
- 7 essential love stories from “This American Life” @ Buzz Feed
‘Dead Wake’ Preview – Erik Larson @ Everyday eBook
- TS Elliot sees cats for the first time @ McSweeney’s
- Beyond the pale @ The Millions
- How writing fiction masters fear @ The Atlantic
- LGBT books to warm up with @ Huff Post
- Lincoln war of words @ NY Books
- Young Lion Fiction Award benefit @ Splash
- What new book fits your personality? @ The Reading Room
- A scream of consciousness @ The Rumpus
- What schools could use instead of standardized tests @ NPR
- A novel wants your life: an interview with Laura van den Berg @ Tin House
- Where the library gets its books @ Hyper Allergic
- Essential reads for the romance newbie @ Book Riot
- How black lives have always mattered: a reading list @ NPR
- British library’s endangered archives releases even more @ Info Docket
- 10 writers who took themselves too seriously @ Listverse
- Is Christian Grey the new Mr. Darcy @ Daily Beast
- Scientists reveal the secrets of hip hop’s most complicated rhymes @ Huff Post