Read bottom to top:
Favorite Search Terms:
- bowel movements in history: if someone hasn’t written this book, they should. I will review it with honor.
- ihop receipt: I just thought that this was interesting. I must know the story of this googling. If you are out there anonymous googler, please email. Yes, this has become a want-ad.
- disney princess epiphanies: I have this all the time, then I sing, “Ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah” like golden rays are coming out of my hair and I’ve become little mermaid, minus the fin.
- feminist background: Is anyone really born a feminist or do they become one after many years of silent rage?
- a re-imagined Florida in which the citizens of the state are born with magic talents: Listen, I lived in Boca until I was five and the only magic talent Florida needs is better driving schools. My faj flew over a grassy median once and said, “it’s okay, we’re in Florida, they all do that.”
- spark notes Claire Keegan Foster: Shame on you. I’m guffawing.
- Yesterday was National Cheese Day and because I fancy myself on being quite the connoisseur – here’s a link @ Random House
- Dennis Lehane picks his first imprint for Harper Collins @ Wall Street Journal
- Poet Natalie Diaz on PBS News Hour @ Poetry Foundation
- 10 Most Iconic Comic Book Covers of All Time @ Huff Post
- Ten Father’s Day Books @ Biographile
- Bushwick Book Club Presents a Night of Poetry on Youtube @ Poetry Foundation
- Summer Reading @ LA Times
- Nook replaces every “Kindle” in War & Peace @ The Future of the Internet and How to Stop It.
- Perfume for E-reader (Smells like Paper) @ io9
- Ten Videos to Inspire Writing @ Ant’s ICT
- 2011 NYC Book Awards @ NY Public Library
- Annual Faulkner Conference @ Mississippi University
- Carol Ann Duffy (poet) @ 60 Years in 60 Poems
- Oprah’s Book Club is Back with Stephen King @ Huff Post
- Teen Creates Libraries for Homeless @ Huff Post
- How Pretty Should Books Be @ Toronto Standard
- The Song of Achilles wins 2012 Orange Prize @ Publisher’s Weekly
- Are Literary Classics Obsolete @ Salon
- First Edition Book of Mormon Stolen @ Arizona Republic
- Hollis Palmer writes First Book of Fiction @ The Saratogian
- Emily Dickinson by Linda Paston @ Norton Tumblr
- Zadie Smith Talks Libraries @ NY Review of Books
- Seven Things I’ve Learned So Far by Author Olivia Newport @ Writer’s Digest
- James Patterson Talks Kids’ Books @ LA Times
- June is Novella Month @ Emerging Writers’ Network
- AP Stylebook exceptions @ Eric Decker’s Laughing Stalk
- Terry Pratchett wins Wodehouse Award @ The Telegraph
- Advice to Young Poets by Yusef Komunyakaa @ Sampsonia Way
- Illustrator Leo Dillion Dies at 79 @ Publisher’s Weekly
- Genre Fiction Summer Reads @ Library Journal
- Maile Meloy on JD Salinger @ NY Times
Utah School Pulls Picture Book about Lesbian Parents (despicable that school ban books, despicable) @ LA Times
- 12 Must Read Entertainment Books for Summer @ Chicago Tribune
- Chris Colfer from Glee Pens Children’s Book and Goes on Tour @ PerezHilton
- Twitter Founder Working on Book @ Toledo Blade
- Dave Eggers’ New Book Goes on Sale this Month (I will be making that purchase) @ Huff Post
- Jill Biden Writes Children’s Book about Son’s Deployment @ USA Today
- Liverpool High School Student Writes Young Adult Novel @ Syracuse
- Austen Advice Book Trend Peaks @ Time Entertainment
- Oprah’s Book Club by the Numbers @ Daily Beast
- What Type of Annoying Writer are You @ Bill & Dave Cocktail Hour