Favorite Search Terms
- empty schoolyard: flat basketballs, dust bunnies, tennis shoes hanging from electric wires by their perfectly bowed laces.
- yodas house: Holy Noodles, my imagination just blew up nuclear style.
- then sail, my fine lady, on the billowing wave from the penelopiad: I just love when people google things like that. I mean, who googles this? It’s like a Greek Goddess got a google machine in her tower.
- bagels and bowel movements: what a great foodie blog title. You should go with this. Spread the cream cheese love.
- my windows aren’t dirty thats my cats nose art: I just needed to share this one.
- best holiday in my mind description text use expressions lying, nosing around, potter around and must-dos: I hope you mean HARRY potter around.
- dresses for my friend caroline who is having a party on a ship but not a tight dress cause that’s bad: I feel like I’m fourteen and own a yacht when I read this. Or maybe P.Diddy’s other 9 children are finally having their sweet sixteens.
- Write the Mayor and City Council to preserve the NY Public Library System.
NY pay phones become guerilla libraries @ The Atlantic & Tin House (more recently)
- Make libraries statutory @ The Bookseller
- Ayn Rand’s Fountainhead – Questions @ EverydayEBook
- Young Lion’s Fiction Award @ NYPL
- Victoria Chang talks about what small presses excite her for contemporary poetry @ Ploughshares
- Books as Sacred @ Huff Post
- 145 Never Before Published Poems by Shel Silverstein @ LA Review of Books
- Tell The Rumpus the last book you loved and get on The Rumpus blog @ The Rumpus
- Q&A with author Melanie Benjamin who wrote Alice I Have Been and Mrs. Tom Thumb @ EverydayEBook
- Gracious Donor in Vermont replaces Book Mobile with over 100,000 @ Weekend Edition
- Hilary Mantel talks Bring Up the Bodies @ Omnivoracious
Harry Potter Decals @ Etsy
- Recipes from Writers @ Brain Pickings
- Fitzgeralds in Hollywood @ Times Library Supplement
- Neil Gaiman’s commencement address @ Galley Cat
- 50 Creative Writing Professors on Twitter @ WorldWideLearn
- Updike Reissued in Paperback @ Tucson Citizen
- Groupon works with First Book @ Groupon
- Barack Obama fails Shades of Gray Test @ Galley Cat
- NY Times Best-Seller List
- Michael McGriff featured Poet @ Poetry Daily
- Game of Thrones Re-Cap @ The Atlantic
- Speaker list for Library of Congress Book Festival
- Anthony Hopkins as Hemingway @ Deadline Hollywood
- Joan Didion on Respect @ Brain Pickings
- Poe of Edgar Allen writes Mary of Had a Little Lamb @ Poetry Foundation
- Justin Halpern talks I Suck at Girls @ EW’s Shelf Life
- B&N Talks with Megan Mayhew Bergman @ Review B&N
- Book Review Worst Offenders @ Ploughshares
- Everyday Words Invented by Famous Authors @ Flavor Wire
- The Giving Tree Inspires Wedding Invitations @ Galley Cat
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Files for Bankruptcy @ Huff Post
- John Steinbeck @ Paris Review (It’s enough to just put his name).
- Bookstore Cafe Authors in Shorts @ Pinterest
- Marissa Meyer (of Cinder) Talks How she Sold her NanoWriMo Novel @ The Office of Letters and Light
- Patti Smith will Interview Neil Young @ BEA
- Pet Owls Abandoned after Harry Potter Craze Ends @ Mirror
- Review of New Book by Marilynne Robinson @ LA Review of Books