I do gift guides for the big holidays so, why not celebrate the women who made us bookish, and passed on words to the next generation? Yes, you’re right, it’s time for the Mother of All Bookish Gift Guides. For those of you who don’t know what to get for the bookish in-law, or the lady you’ve been stuck with since she pushed ya out, here goes:
For the Wordy One: These are the mothers that call you when you’re only ten minutes late from work, who send you massively long e-mails and notes reminding you not to party too hard in college (this is not Cassie’s new social scene. Seriously, I could produce the note).
- Top Left: It’s Your Mother by theMuckyDuck @ Etsy. $10
- Top Right: Mom Rules by ForgottenPages @ Etsy. $8
- Bottom Left: Mother’s Day Letter Photography by FrittsCreative @ Etsy. $31
- Bottom Right: (My personal favorite because this.is.my.life) Keep Calm and Call Mom by EncorePrints @ Etsy. $10
For the Vintage Book Lover: This book lover should have been born in a different age. Rather than place a million flowing Greek dresses up here, I stuck to recent vintage.
- Top Left: Crochet Pattern Book by Hexagon Crafts @ Etsy. $25
- Top Right: Vintage Fairytale Gift Tags by SweetTurquoise @ Etsy. $6
- Bottom Left: The Abandoned Farmer Book Purse by NovelIdeaBookPurses @ Etsy. $54
- Bottom Right: Vintage Sad Irons by Thooker @ Etsy. $95
For the Mother NOT Watching her Figure: These are the mothers who are going to eat that piece of cake, damnit.
- Top Left: If You Give a Mom a Cookie Mug by MomGoodz @ Etsy. $12
- Top Right: Stitch Pattern for Roadkill Diner by NewYorkNeedleWorks @ Etsy. $8.50
- Bottom Left: Mother’s Day Cookie by KatieDuran @ Etsy. $11.50
- Bottom Right: Mommy Mug by MissPottery @ Etsy. $22
Bookish Crafty Creation Momma: These are the mothers who like signature creations in their house. They always want something unique, or are always cutting and pasting something.
- Top Left: Book Bird House by booklooks @ Etsy. $40
- Top Right: Papercut Book Scenes by ohlalovely @ Etsy. $111
- Bottom Left: Personal Library Kit @ Shakespeare’s Den. $16.95
- Bottom Right: Love you Forever Necklace by Scarlett Sage @ Etsy. $31.50
For the Stylish Momma: This is for the momma who hasn’t aged (isn’t this all of them). She lets her daughter borrow dresses from her closet and still wears them the next week. She’s sexy and her legs still prove it.
- Top Left: Composition Dress @ Modcloth. $189.99
- Top Middle: Hollywood Book Safe by GreenRstudio @ Etsy. $58
- Top Right: Fifty Dresses that Changed the World @ Modcloth. $19.99
- Middle Left: Fabric Covers @ Modcloth. $19.99
- Middle Middle: Hard Carved Block Print by HoneyCombPrintShop @ Etsy. $60
- Middle Right: Shoulder Bag of Notebook @ Modcloth. $54.99
- Bottom Left: Hipster Glasses Vinyl Decal by Therocketshop @ Etsy. $5.50
- Bottom Middle: Catcher in the Rye Snow Globe by BubbleRoll @ Etsy. $24.95
- Bottom Right: Great Gatsby Earrings by ShopNightOwlDesigns @ Etsy. $8.00
For the Organized Mom: This is my mom. I’m 24 and she’s still making my dentist appointments. Really though, my mom is every single one of these stereotypes. You should see her address book. I’m not exaggerating, she has more addresses than an African herd of gazelle has legs.
- Top Left: Pro/Con Journal @ Modcloth $SALE$ 5.99
- Top Middle: Ready Set Novel @ Modcloth $16.99
- Top Right: Take Out Menu File @ Modcloth $21.99
- Middle Left: Creative Spelling Magnet Set @ Modcloth $12.99
- Middle Middle: Stationary Set (All Occassion) @ Modcloth $18.99
- Middle Right: Lego Moleskin @ Modcloth, B&N, and every bookstore ever. $16.99
- Bottom Middle: Upcycled Wood Magazine Holder by VintageInColour $24.95
- Bottom Left: Run a Tight Ship Bag @ Modcloth $49.99
- Bottom Right: Notebook Strap by MelissaTanAustralia @Etsy $16.00
For the Eco-Friendly Mother: This mother is watching her carbon footprint and the squirrels love her recycling bin the best on garbage day.
- Top Left: Monopoly Journal (or Scrabble Journal) by Peony&Thistle @ Etsy. $26
- Top Middle: Wool Coffee and E-reader Cover Set by WormeWool @ Etsy. $21
- Top Right: Milk Jug Earrings by twicecreations @ Etsy. $12
- Middle Left: Bookmark by Bookbelt @ Etsy. $12
- Middle Middle: Crochet Slippers by WhiteNoiseMaker @ Etsy. $19
- Middle Right: Upcycled Bag by SaltAttic @Etsy. $30
- Bottom Left: Mother Pillow by MyBeardedPigeon @ Etsy. $50
- Bottom Middle: Coffee Bag by ManillaExtract @ Etsy. $80
- Bottom Right: Earth Day Journalby WeeBinder @ Etsy. $42
The Ultimate Giver: Let’s be honest. This is for every mother out there who ever nourished a child, loved a child, hugged a child. This is for the daughter who wants to pass on that love to the next generation by sharing it with another.
- Top Left: Give a Girl the Gift of Education from Your Mother @ Save the Children. $70
- Top Right: Support Save the Children by Purchasing a Handmade Bookmark. $20
- Bottom Right: Stock a Library from Your Mother @ Save the Children. $100
- Bottom Left: Just remind your mom to give to herself. Search Etsy for frame and phrase.
And that’s it. I hope everyone’s Mom is appreciated on Mother’s Day. On that day I expect huge amounts of love to float around our world.