Favorite Search Terms:
- library bingo card: I’d like to come to this church’s bingo night. Hoo-ha!
- spinster chotskies: I just love that someone came to my blog with this. It almost defines me as a cat lady.
- how to talk to your mother notes: I love talking to my mother. In fact this morning, I cried as soon as I woke up over something ridiculous and she was like “why are you crying?” and I said, “it’s too early for this, wah.”
- picture of 2 girls in petticoats and a boy reading a book with footstool with basket of daisies on it?: this sounds adorable. You should decorate your child’s room with this.
- Ten Short Stories to read online (including Flannery) @ Flavorwire
- Francine Prose (swoon) talks Edith Wharton @ The New York Review of Books
- Lavina Greenlaw reads “Coleridge” from Casual Perfection
- Excerpt from At the End of Life, True Stories About How We Die by Creative Nonfiction Books and edited by Lee Gutkind
- 40 Books Every Child Should Read @ Half Price Books
- Nine Things to Never Say in a Book Club @ CNN
- Copper Canyon looking to Poetry E-books @ Poetry Foundation
Five Songs of Spring @ Huffington Post
- Markus Zusak on YA or Adult – Who is He?
- The 100 Greatest American Novels, 1891-1991 @ Book Riot. I feel a new book challenge coming on for some of you.
- Steinbeck on Love @ 100 Letters.
Five Art and Design Projects Inspired by Literary Classics @ Brain Picking
- What would Hemingway Think of Men Today? @ Good Men Project
- What Lost Books Say About their Authors @ Huff Post
- Help Fight Hunger with Hunger Games
- Half Price Books – Tournament of Villians
- Celebrated Poem @ London Olympics. Submit your words here.
- Blog of Myself by Oyl Miller @ McSweeney’s
- Katniss: Cinderella or Survival @ Slate
- Poets on the Radio for World Poetry Day
- Art Carved out of Books @ Good Design
- Tumblr as Book?
- Kirkus Review of Wild by Cheryl Strand
- Alice Walker and a Poetry Conversation @ The Atlantic
- A List of Lists @ NY Public Library
- On Sending, and Receiving Letters @ The Rumpus (My Letter Writing Project in March has been wonderful and I’m so thankful for the poetic, and beautiful hand-written responses I’ve received back. A big thanks to: Kate | Claire & Whitney for writing me back. I will have letters back to you all this week).
- Complaints Monks Scribbled in Margins of Manuscripts @ The Atlantic
- Charles Simic writers on The Age of Ignorance for NY Books.
- Dear Bully – New Book from Harper Collins where 70 authors tell their bully stories. What an important read for current students.
- Should Amazon by Taxed to Protect Local Bookstores @ Huff Post (yes).
- Faulkner’s Epigraph to Mosquitos @ Norton Tumblr
Harper Collins Book Bags @ Pinterest
- St. Martins Press sent 11 lbs of Pot in the Mail (Mar-ih-ju-a-na) @ Huff Post
- Book Blogging Unconference @ The Reading Ape
- About the Cover | Tin House #15
- Brian Dettmer talks Book Sculptures @ Book Riot