Update: Month of Letters is going quite swimmingly. Daily, I’m happy to unhook that black box at the end of my driveway, above where my mother has planted an assortment of peach flowers. I’ve been enjoying rhyming #2 with “goo” on the lick line of the close of the envelope. And what girl doesn’t love to doodle petals and leaves everywhere? Thanks for being a part of my project, there are still empty days – no one is too late. Feel free to send me your address now.
Favorite Search Terms of the Week:
- Cassie M______: They love me, they really love me. Or, they’ve received my resume and have immediately decided not to hire this quirky, curly haired girl because one of her blogs has “uterus” in the title.
- Rush Limbaugh Picking Nose: Clearly this person doesn’t need to hear anymore about cruelty to women, he/she just wants to know how Rush digs for gold.
- Aggressive Business Cards: Are you a ninja? Perhaps an evil villain? Maybe a zombie…
- examples of metaphor poems comparing mosquitoes to fireworks: I almost want to google this myself, just to see.
- Sylvia Plath handwriting: I would like this analyzed. I did a project on handwriting for the 7th grade science fair. I’m a professional.
- southern girl quotes: I just like to be known as a southern girl, my grandfather would be proud.
- 100 Years Later and your library book will still be accepted in Ireland.
- Cook book sales are plummeting. That’s because we have pinterest.
- Read or Flunk: Literacy Education.
- Future of Books in 3 Words – get the poster here.
- Book Movement: The Goodreads for Book Clubs. This website is pretty sweet if you run a book club, or feel like joining one in your area.
Flavorwire: 10 Best Fictional Bookstores in Popular Culture.
- A linguist’s road trip across, through, and into the deep of America.
- A book about white bread, with a cover of wonder.
- Swell to make Kindle book covers our of antique hardcovers. I just love this idea – recycle.
- Noah carried books not giraffes.
- If you know me at all, you know I’m obsessed with Megan Mayhew Bergman. My obsession is mostly due to her writing, but she also has this perfectly quaint Vermont farm life where she calls her husband the Dogtor (he’s a vet). She’s lovely and her book, Birds of a Lesser Paradise came out this week. If you aren’t convinced by my subtle advertising, read an interview with her here.
- T.S. Eliot’s Advice to Young Writers.
- First movie images for On The Road. (I know my best friend Sars is dying to see this).
- Flavorwire’s 10 Most Powerful Female Characters. What are yours? I’m very curious about this, send me your recommendations.
- Tributes to William and his red wheelbarrow.
- Agent Blog.
- Fashion Week brings the Dickens. It was only a matter of time until we had hoop skirts and petticoats again.
And that is it. Have a wonderful week.